If you need money to help start or grow your business, then our ‘Funding & Finance‘ day at The Core, Science Central on Wednesday 17th May (1pm-6pm) is for you!
Starting with an explanation of the full range of funding options available to startups and scale-ups in Newcastle and the wider North East, the afternoon will progress into a lively (and probably heated) discussion about the relative merits of grants, loans, crowdfunding, angel investors and venture capitalists.
– Welcome remarks from Pat Ritchie (Chief Executive, Newcastle City Council)
– Introduction to The Core and the National Innovation Centre for Data by Steve Caughey (MD, Arjuna Technologies & Technical Consultant, Cloud Innovation Centre, Newcastle University)
– ‘Sources of Finance’ by Dave Gibson (Co-Founder, Blu Sky Tax) + ‘The Funding Cocktail’ by Mark Gardner (Transmit Startups)
– Crowdfunding panel discussion ft. Adam Gillett (Head of Crowdcube North), Chris Rea (Seedrs) & Jes Bailey (Crowdfund360) hosted by Deborah McGargle (CLO, SeedLegals & EIR, Ignite Accelerator)
– ‘What are investors looking for?’ by Ian Richards (Director, Northstar Ventures)
– ‘Getting yourself ready for investment’ by Michaela Reaney (MD, Gradvert)
– VC panel discussion ft. Dr Michelle Cooper (Northstar Ventures), Jonathan Gold (Rivers Capital Partners), Colin Willis (Hotspur Capital Partners) & Adrian Hackett (Freeths) hosted by Chris Lowe (Global TMT Specialist)
– Investing in the North of England by Ed Prior (GP Bullhound)
After the day time event is over, we have our official after party at Motel One Newcastle on High Bridge Street hosted by KPMG and Royal Bank of Scotland from 8pm-Midnight. This is where you’ll get the chance to meet all the investors and bankers and hopefully persuade some of them to put some money into your business over a drink or two.
For preferential room rates, please quote CODE: ‘UKNCLSTARTUPWEEK’ when booking via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0191 211 1090.
We also have one of our sponsors, Northstar Ventures, wanting to have some 1-2-1 meetings with delegates who are looking for investment on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday morning.
If you’d like to attend these events and/or book a 1-2-1 with Northstar, you must buy a ticket/wristband by clicking on the Eventbrite button below: