Monday 21 September 2020 @ The Boiler Shop, Stephenson Quarter (10am-5pm)
As usual, our 4th annual Newcastle Startup Week festival will officially begin at Robert Stephenson & Co’s beautifully refurbished Boiler Shop directly behind Central Station.
As the world’s first purpose-built locomotive steam engine factory (which powered the railway industry & industrial revolution in the early 19th century), it’s the perfect venue to showcase the new entrepreneurial revolution taking place right now in the North East of England!
Since 2017 we have become known for putting world-class speakers onstage on Day 1 that will inspire, motivate & encourage you to ‘Start Something New’ in the days, weeks & months that follow!
Confirmed Day 1 speakers so far include:
- Geoff Ramm (‘Celebrity Service’ & ‘OMG Marketing’ keynote speaker)
- Roan Lavery (Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, FreeAgent)
- Emma Jones (Founder, Enterprise Nation)
- Ammar Mirza CBE (Founder, SME Centre of Excellence, Founder & Chair, Asian Business Connexions & North East (North) Chairman, Institute of Directors)
- Gordon Merrylees (Managing Director of Entrepreneurship, NatWest, RBS & Ulster Bank)
- Maurice Duffy (High Performance Coach to International Players in Cricket, Football, Rugby, Business & Politics)
- Herb Kim (Founder & CEO, Thinking Digital & Curator, TEDxNewcastle / TEDxLiverpool / TEDxSheffield)
- Sophia Stovall (Head of Development, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums), Jen Rea (Inbound Tourism Manager, Newcastle International Airport) & Kate Hall (Marketing & Communications Manager, Newcastle International Airport)
- Cindy Moy (CEO, mySysters & Vorsdatter Limited)
- Ian Farrar (Managing Director, Far North & Host, Industry Angel Business Podcast)
- Steven George France (International MMA Coach, Serial Entrepreneur & Angel Investor)
- Neena Dhaun (Facilitator & Trainer, #IAmRemarkable by Google)
The event will also include a mini Business Expo featuring our Sponsors & Exhibitors & live startup pitches plus catering from a selection of local independent food pop-ups.
5pm-6pm: Happy Hour Drinks @ The Boiler Shop
7pm-Late: After Party / Networking Event
Continue the conversation & ‘Start Something New’ with speakers, sponsors & fellow delegates at a nearby bar (venue TBC).
Want to attend?
Tickets for Day 1 are currently just £50 (+ booking fee). Alternatively you can book a 5-day ticket / wristband for just £150 (+ booking fee).
To see our full range of ticket options, visit our Tickets page: