‘Newcastle Scaleup Summit’
Thursday 24 September 2020 @ The Catalyst, Newcastle Helix (9am-5pm)
Newcastle Scaleup Summit takes place on Day 4 of Newcastle Startup Week but can be considered as a standalone event too.
This day will help you understand how to take your business to the next level & overcome barriers to growth with talks & panel discussions from successful entrepreneurs & business leaders covering the following topics:
1. Adopting a ‘Growth Mindset’ that will help you think much bigger
2. Improving your sales, marketing & PR of existing products or services
3. Innovating, developing & launching new products or services
4. Improving systems & processes to save time & money to invest back into your business
5. Building teams & finding people with the right skills & experience to grow your business
6. Learning how to forge & maintain partnerships with bigger businesses
7. Selling globally & expanding internationally
Confirmed speakers so far:
- ‘What do we mean by ‘scaleups’ & why do we mean them?’ by Colin Bell (Business Growth Director, North East LEP)
- Overview of the Scaleup North East programme by Sarah Pavlou (Programme Director, Scaleup North East) & Ailsa Anderson (Project Manager, Scaleup North East)
- Meet the ‘Scaleup Partners‘ at Scaleup North East
- ‘Overcoming barriers to growth’ by Alan Hodgkiss (Director, Business Doctors)
- ‘Skills to Scale Your Business’ panel discussion hosted by Andrew Esson (Director of Industrial Strategy, Newcastle College)
- Steve Pugh (Founder & Business Coach, Growth Strategy Roadmap™)
- Lizzie Rhodes James (Stronger Leadership Coach & Principal Consultant, Lizzie Rhodes James)
- Dianne Sharp (CEO, DKS Straightforward)
- Pete Wilkinson (Founder & CEO, Reclaro)
- Victoria Fleming (Sales Innovator, Trainer, Consultant & Director, Buzztastic Ltd)
- Hali-ma Khatun (Founder & Executive Director, Marketai)
- Andy Key & Juliana McLean (Maskew Cordon) in conversation with Michael Owen (Co-Founder, ANGELFYSH)
- Grant Murray (Regional Manager (North), XE.com)
- Frances Simowitz (CEO & Managing Director, NUMA New York) & Giulia Imperatrice (Director of Acceleration, NUMA New York)
- Colin Tan (Director of Operations, TusPark Newcastle Eagle Labs)
- Marcus Dimbleby (Partner & Director, Red Team Thinking)
Want to attend?
Tickets for this day are currently just £75 (+ booking fee). Alternatively you can book a 5-day ticket / wristband to attend all events taking place during Newcastle Startup Week for just £150 (+ booking fee).
To see our full range of ticket options, visit our Tickets page:
6pm-Late: After Party / Networking Event
Continue the conversation & network with fellow delegates, speakers & sponsors at the Maldron Hotel, Newgate Street, Newcastle (7pm-Late).