Thursday 16th May 2019 @ Urban Science Building, Newcastle Helix (9am-6pm)
Building on the success of our 5-day ‘Newcastle Startup Week‘ festival in May 2017, we ran a 1-day ‘Newcastle Scaleup Summit’ for 190+ people at the Live Theatre on Thursday 23rd November 2017 to help them learn how to take their business to the next level. (This was an expanded version of Day 4 (‘Growing & Scaling’) of our first 5-day Newcastle Startup Week festival that took place in May 2017).
Instead of running Scaleup Summit again in 2018, we’ve decided to run it as part of Newcastle Startup Week 2019 to provide even more impact & focus on starting & scaling businesses in the North East of England.
Newcastle Scaleup Summit (16th May 2019) will cover the following themes:
1. Adopting a ‘Growth Mindset’ that will help you think much bigger
2. Improving your sales, marketing & PR of existing products or services
3. Innovating, developing & launching new products or services
4. Improving processes to save time & money to invest back into your business
5. Building teams & finding people with the right skills & experience to grow your business
6. Learning how to forge & maintain partnerships with bigger businesses
7. Selling globally & expanding internationally
Speakers / talks will include:
- Colin Bell (Business Growth Director, North East Local Enterprise Partnership)
- The Scaleup Institute & Jason Leggett (Programme Director, Scaleup North East)
- Steven Underwood (Managing Partner, Dentsu Aegis Network)
- Richard Lennox (Founder, Original Angle & Ex-Senior Director Engineering, Skyscanner) on ‘Operating Systems for Scale’
- Janet Balneaves (Director Growth, Swipii) & Toby Bridges (CEO, The NBT Group)
- Helena Hill (UX Consultant, Digital Strategist & Founder, Helena Hill Consulting)
- Russell Dalgleish (Founder & Managing Partner, Exolta Capital Partners & Co-Founder, Scottish Business Network
- Trevor Novak (Director of Investment Attraction (Europe), Toronto Global) & Nadine Storey (Senior Investment Officer & Trade Commissioner, High Commission of Canada in the UK)
- Alan Lowdon (Global Entrepreneurship Programme (GEP) ‘Dealmaker’, Department for International Trade (DIT) & Interim Executive Director, Edinburgh BioQuarter)
- Hilary Dunne (Director, The Brand Activators)
- Geoff Phillips (Founder, Canvas Marketing & ex-Marketing Director, Sage)
- North East + Nordics panel discussion with Marie Louise Gørvild (Head of Techfestival, Copenhagen) & Hakon Junge (UK Territory & Brand Manager, Pleo.io)
- North East + China panel discussion with guests TBC hosted by WeiTing Huang (Founder, Busy Backpack)
- Ian Mapplebeck (Managing Director, S E E Consulting) & Mignon Mapplebeck (Director of Technology, S E E Consulting)
- + many more TBA
Buy your ticket(s)
When you buy a ticket, you’ll receive a wristband which gives you access to all our daytime and evening events taking place between 11am on Monday 13th May and 7pm on Friday 17th May 2019, plus special offers before, during and after the event.
Your 5-day wristbands will be available for collection from 11am on Monday 13th May at The Boiler Shop (directly behind Newcastle Central Station) & at each subsequent event throughout the week.
Get your 5-day ticket / wristband for just £75 (+ booking fee) by clicking / tapping the button below: