We ran our first 5-day, citywide, multi-venue Newcastle Startup Week festival between Monday 15th & Friday 19th May 2017 & it was AMAZING!
Over 600 people came together to be inspired & learn how to start or grow their business in the North East of England (or share tips & advice on how to do that). We then had another 600 delegates in 2018, 800 in 2019 & 500 across the two online events we ran in May & September year in response to COVID.
This week (17th-21st May) will be the first time in 5yrs that we haven’t run a Newcastle Startup Week festival in the 3rd week of May but that doesn’t mean we can’t continue to do what we set out to do & celebrate the ethos of community, collaboration & creativity that the event was all about.
So, I’d like to invite you to join me in doing at least one of these things this week:
- Find any old photos you might have of Newcastle Startup Week on your phone & share them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram with the #NewcastleStartupWeek hashtag (& tag us into the photo too)
- Read my recent blog about ‘Why’ I started my business in 2016, ‘How’ I’ve been doing things since then & ‘What’ I’m doing now with Newcastle Startup Week + TRYBES at https://newcastlestartupweek.com/trybes/
- Subscribe to the Newcastle Startup Week YouTube Channel (if you haven’t already done so)
- Consider joining our online ‘Startup Week Community‘ so you can get more curated content, 1-2-1 business advice, priority access to our TRYBES platform & free entry to any physical events I run over the next 12 months
- Share details of my ‘5 Star Focus Programme‘ with any entrepreneur, creative, freelancer or small business owner you think would benefit from getting 1-2-1 business coaching from me that’s based on their specific needs & goals
And finally, to remind yourself what our Newcastle Startup Week events were all about, please watch the short video below (which features Steven Bartlett who has just been announced as the new Dragon on BBC Dragons’ Den)…
Thanks for being a part of the NSW story!
Founder & Director
Newcastle Startup Week | TRYBES