Our Founders’ Friday events take place on the last Friday of each month at the Tuspark Barclays Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle.
What’s it all about?
Since July 2018, we’ve been running our monthly Founders’ Friday events as a way for people to learn about the latest opportunities & support for anyone wanting to start or grow a business in the North East of England. (It’s also a great way for funders, investors, enterprise agencies & local government officials to get closer to pre-start & early stage businesses).
The format for our event on Friday 29th November 2019 is as follows:
9am-10am: Arrivals / hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on latest business opportunities in the North East & wider UK) by:
- Paul Lancaster (Founders’ Friday / Newcastle Startup Week)
- Lisa van Heereveld (Sunderland Software City / Founders’ Friday)
- James Battensby (Head of Research & Business Development, Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult)
- Parveer Pannu (Mentoring Adviser, Be The Business)
11am-11.20am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.20am-12.45pm: ‘Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups, scaleups or established SMEs to demo some of their latest products or services)
- Chris Mace (North of England, AdSmart from Sky)
- David Taylor (Co-Founder, Seaspray Video)
- James Ealey (Director, Precept)
- Ann English (Ideas Mapping & Visual Merchandising Expert)
- ‘Founders’ Friday ‘STRONGMAN & STRONGWOMAN Awards 2019’ sponsored by Extract Coffee
12.45pm-1.30pm: Lunch sponsored by Sintons LLP
1.30pm-3pm: Masterclasses / Q&As to help founders grow their business or themselves.
- ‘Health & Safety Briefing’ by Sheila Ramshaw (Associate for Regulatory Services, Sintons)
- ‘Words work: how content can help you & your small business’ by Jessica Farmer (Managing Editor, FreeAgent)
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby bar (optional)!
Want to attend?
Click / tap on the button below to book your ticket for just £5 (+ fees):
(Alternatively, book a 5-day ticket for our Newcastle Startup Week 2020 festival & get free entry to all our monthly Founders’ Friday events taking place between now & May 2020 here).
Founders’ Friday is sponsored by FreeAgent
Following their Headline Sponsorship of Newcastle Startup Week 2019, we’re delighted to have Edinburgh-based FreeAgent sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events now too! FreeAgent has been voted the UK’s #1 accounting software for small businesses & you, your friends or clients can get a 3 month free trial & 10% off for life by going to http://freeagent.com/foundersfriday & then clicking / tapping the ‘Try FreeAgent’ button.