Our Founders’ Friday events take place on the last Friday of each month at the Tuspark Barclays Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle where we are based.
What’s it all about?
Since July 2018, we’ve been running our Founders’ Friday events as a way for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, insights & support.
The format for our event on Friday 30th August 2019 is as follows:
9am-10am: Arrivals / hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on latest business opportunities in the North East & wider UK) by:
- Dinah Jackson (Programme Manager, North East LEP)
- Phil Jackman (Organiser, #CyberFest)
- Stuart Lynn (Founder, TechNorthEast)
- Andrew Dixon (Tuspark Eagle Lab Ecosystem Manager, Barclays)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Alison Reynolds (Director, Reynolds HR & OD Ltd)
- David Wilkinson (Coach & Trainer, David Wilkinson Performance Coaching)
12.30pm-1.30pm: Lunch sponsored by Sintons LLP
1.30pm-3pm: Masterclasses / Q&As to help founders grow their business or themselves.
This month features:
- Ailsa Bates (Head of Awareness, FreeAgent) on Content Marketing & strategy for SMEs in the North East of England & Scotland)
- Michael Cattermole (Solicitor, Sintons) on ‘Estate planning for business owners, making a will & what should be included’)
- Ben Kenyon (Director – Business Development, North IT Cyber Security) on ‘Tech Due Diligence’ (advising companies looking to sell or go for investment on what to prepare for with particular focus on code audits, open source software audits, cyber security & company process reviews)
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby bar (optional)!
Want to attend?
Click / tap on the button below to book your ticket for just £5 (+ booking fee):
(Alternatively, book a 5-day ticket for our Newcastle Startup Week 2020 festival & get free entry to all our monthly Founders’ Friday events taking place between now & May 2020 here).
Founders’ Friday is sponsored by FreeAgent
Following their Headline Sponsorship of Newcastle Startup Week 2019, we’re delighted to have Edinburgh-based FreeAgent sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events now too! FreeAgent has been voted the UK’s #1 accounting software for small businesses & you, your friends or clients can get a 3 month free trial & 10% off for life by going to http://freeagent.com/foundersfriday & then clicking / tapping the ‘Try FreeAgent’ button.