Our Founders’ Friday events take place on the last Friday of each month at the Tuspark Barclays Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle where we are based.
What’s it all about?
Since July 2018, we’ve been running our Founders’ Friday events as a way for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, insights & support.
The format for our event on Friday 26th July 2019 is as follows:
9am-10am: Arrivals / hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on latest business opportunities in the North East & wider UK) by:
- Paul Lancaster (Founder & Director, Founders’ Friday & Newcastle Startup Week)
- Matt Perkins (Senior Partnerships Manager, FreeAgent)
- Paul McEldon (CEO, North East BIC) on ‘The Innovation Zone’ & Northern Angel Hub
- Justin Souter (Coach, Mentor & Connector, Souter Consulting)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Tom Howsam (Founder, Paid.co.uk)
- James Allen (Founder, Chronic Insights)
- Sukhee Munkhchulun (Founder & Event Producer, ‘The Power of You‘)
- Mark Newton (Founder, Vital Accountants)
12.30pm-1.30pm: Lunch sponsored by Sintons LLP
1.30pm-3pm: Masterclasses / Q&As to help founders grow their business or themselves.
This month features:
- ‘Expecting the unexpected (how businesses can continue to function if an owner becomes incapacitated)’ by Lauren Fraser (Solicitor, Sintons)
- How ‘Stress can make smart people do ‘not-so-smart’ things!’ (& how to deal with this) by Ray Taylor (Executive & Personal Coach, Reach Beyond)
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby bar (optional)!
Want to attend our next Founders’ Friday event?
Click / tap on the button below to book your ticket for just £5 (+ booking fee):
(Alternatively, book a 5-day ticket for our Newcastle Startup Week 2020 festival & get free entry to all our monthly Founders’ Friday events taking place between now & May 2020 here).
Founders’ Friday is sponsored by FreeAgent
Following their Headline Sponsorship of Newcastle Startup Week 2019, we’re delighted to have Edinburgh-based FreeAgent sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events now too! FreeAgent has been voted the UK’s #1 accounting software for small businesses & you, your friends or clients can get a 3 month free trial & 10% off for life by going to http://freeagent.com/foundersfriday & then clicking / tapping the ‘Try FreeAgent’ button.