Our Founders’ Friday events always take place on the last Friday of the month at the TusPark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (except for this month).
What’s it all about?
Since July 2018, we’ve been running Founders’ Friday as a way for self-employed freelancers, startup founders, micro business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs & students to come together in a fun, friendly & informal way to learn about the latest opportunities to start or grow a business in the North East of England. (It’s also one of the best ways for business advisers, investors, funders & members of the public sector to get closer to pre-start & early stage business owners in the region).
Our event on Friday 31st January 2020 will take the following format:
9am-10am: Arrivals / hot desking / informal networking over tea / coffee
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (information on the latest opportunities for North East startups):
- Paul Lancaster (Founders’ Friday / Newcastle Startup Week / Plan Digital)
- Danae Shell (Co-Founder & CEO, Valla & Managing Director, #ENTRYLEVELBOSS) talking about the LegalTech scene in Edinburgh & opportunities to collaborate with Newcastle / North East of England
- Amy Wardley (Event Coordinator, Generator / Digital Union)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startup founders to demo some of their new products or services, get feedback & ask for help)
- Yulei Li (Founder & CEO, AI & I Business Consulting)
- Sukhee Munkhchulun (Founder & Event Producer, ‘The Power of You‘)
- Neena Dhaun (Trainer/Facilitator, #IamRemarkable & Senior Consultant, ANGELFYSH)
12.30pm-1.30pm: Lunch sponsored by Sintons LLP
1.30pm-3pm: Masterclasses / Q&As to help founders grow their business or themselves.
- David Summerhayes (Partner, Sintons LLP) on ‘Social Media, Defamation & Reputation – Self-Help Tips & Legal Traps to Avoid’
- North East LEP ‘High Potential Startups‘ programme taster session by Mark Copsey (Director, Red Kite Innovations)
3pm-4pm: Drinks at a nearby bar (optional)!
Want to attend?
Click / tap on the button below to book your ticket for just £5 (+ fees):
Founders’ Friday is sponsored by FreeAgent
Following their Headline Sponsorship of Newcastle Startup Week 2019, we’re delighted to have Edinburgh-based FreeAgent sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events now too! FreeAgent has been voted the UK’s #1 accounting software for small businesses & you, your friends or clients can get a 3 month free trial & 10% off for life by going to http://freeagent.com/foundersfriday & then clicking / tapping the ‘Try FreeAgent’ button.