Photo of Paul Lancaster by Geoff Phillips (Canvas Marketing)
The purpose of these events is to provide a regular home for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, gain feedback & support one another.
Taking place at the new Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 27th July was as follows:
9am-10am: Hot-desking / co-working (or all day if you like)
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on opportunities in the Newcastle, North East & UK business community)
- Paul Lancaster (MD, Plan Digital & Newcastle Startup Week)
- Jen Hartley (Head of Tech Sector Strategy for Newcastle, NewcastleGateshead Initiative)
- Rachel Peacock (Tech Specialist, Gateshead Council)
- Colin Tan (Director of Operations, Tuspark Eagle Lab)
11am-12pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Zoe Maylam (Head of Business Relations, Streetaway)
- Emmanuel Enwenede (Co-Founder & CTO, Oowambe)
- WeiTing Huang (Founder & CEO, Busy Backpack)
- Sarah Crimmens (Introducing ‘Men’s Circle’)
12pm-1pm: Lunch (sponsored by Sintons LLP)
1pm-3pm: Guest speakers, masterclasses, workshops & breakout sessions on a range of topics including sales, marketing, business development, funding, leadership, wellbeing, building a team & more
- Lucy Cook (Senior Associate, Sintons LLP) & Luke Philpott (Solicitor, Sintons LLP)
- Geoff Phillips (Director, Canvas Marketing & ex-Marketing Director, Sage)
- James Foster (Transaction & Investment Lead, Accelerated Digital Ventures)
- Lizzy Hodcroft (Founder, The Sweet Beet & Weirdly Relatable)
- Justin Souter (MD, Souter Consulting)
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby pub/bar!
Want to attend?
Our Founders’ Friday events take place on the last Friday of every month. See when and book your ticket here.