Our 4th annual 5-day Newcastle Startup Week festival was due to take place next week but because of the Coronavirus lockdown we’ve rescheduled this for 21-25 September 2020.
In the meantime, we will still be producing & sharing a range of exclusive video interviews, presentations, panel discussions, webinars, podcasts & blogs every day during the original dates of 18-22 May 2020 via our private Facebook Group.
The Newcastle Startup Week ONLINE content will follow the same themes as our physical event:
- Monday = INSPIRATION
- Tuesday = GETTING STARTED
- Wednesday = FUNDING & FINANCE
- Thursday = GROWING & SCALING
- Friday = KEEP GOING OR PIVOT?
How will this work?
Each day, we’ll be livestreaming videos in the Facebook Group & interacting with members throughout the day. We’ll also be sharing some amazing exclusive pre-recorded video content from our speakers & sponsors who will also be in the Facebook Group to answer any questions you might have about what they share in their videos.
Want to attend?
Book your ticket for just £5 below which will give you access to the content & Facebook Group until the end of May. (Once your ticket has been bought your confirmation email will tell you how to join our Facebook Group).
Still not sure?
We’re currently pulling together the final schedule & running order for each day but confirmed speakers / content (so far) includes:
Monday = INSPIRATION (10am-5pm)
- Brad Burton (UK’s No.1 Motivational Business Speaker & Founder, 4Networking Online)
- Cindy Moy Carr (CEO, MySysters) with ‘An Entrepreneurs Guide to the End of the World’
- Brad Burton (UK’s No.1 Motivational Business Speaker, Bestselling Author & Founder of 4Networking)
- Emma Jones (Founder, Enterprise Nation)
- Ammar Mirza CBE (Founder, SME Centre of Excellence, Founder & Chair, Asian Business Connexions & North East (North) Chairman, Institute of Directors)
- Sophia Stovall (Head of Development, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums) on the rich cultural heritage of the North East
- Ian Farrar (Managing Director, Far North & Host, Industry Angel Business Podcast)
- Fiona Swinburne & Sarah Crimmens on ‘Creating healthy habits for mental & physical resilience’
- Luna Bec (Singer/Songwriter) & Paul Lancaster on ‘Creativity, spirituality & creating connections before & during the lockdown’
[After Party] Special performance by Luna Bec of her songs (6pm-7pm)
Tuesday = GETTING STARTED (10am-5pm)
- Ann English (on Transforming Ideas Into Reality & VisionMapping™)
- David Wilkinson (Men’s Performance Coach & Trainer) on ‘How to get started the right way & avoid potential pitfalls’
- Michelle Jones (Founder, Michelle Jones Wedding Planner) & Michael Owen (Mychael.co.uk / Always Wear Red / 50odd.co.uk) on ‘The Triangle (the ‘pull’ we feel between what we love doing, what we are good at & how we make money)
- Nicola Jayne Little (Director, Trainer & Mentor, MINT Business Club) on ‘Building Communities Online & Offline’
- Mark Renney (Director & Co-Founder, Wubbleyou) on ‘Getting Started with Web or Mobile app developments’
- Nikki Bell (Freelance Fundraising & Event Consultant, Trainer & Speaker) on ‘Lessons learned from my first year as a freelancer’
- Laura Pearman (Owner & Founder, Laura Pearman Career Defining Headshots) on ‘How & why to do branded headshots with Andrew & Pete’
- Sunderland Software City on the Business Support Services they provide for tech/digital businesses across the North East
- AkzoNobel on ‘How to win an international innovation competition’
Wednesday = FUNDING & FINANCE (10am-5pm)
- Blu Sky Chartered Accountants with ‘An overview of funding & finance available in the North East of England’
- North East FinTech Cluster panel discussion with Dawn Dunn (Innovation Manager: FinTech/Data, Dynamo North East), Karen Elliott (Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Newcastle University Business School), Grant Murray (Regional Manager – North, XE.com) & James Thwaites (Associate Director, Whitecap Consulting) hosted by Neena Dhaun (Journalist & Facilitator & Trainer, #IAmRemarkable by Google)
- Richard Blakesley (Co-Founder & CEO, Capital Pilot)
- Tim Ward (Managing Director, Bid & Research Development)
[FREE Fringe Event / After Party] F*ckup Nights Newcastle Quarantine Version (7.45pm-9.45pm) Register here
Thursday = GROWING & SCALING (10am-5pm)
- Blu Sky Chartered Accountants on ‘Post-Investment & Maturity in Management Information’
- Colin Bell (Business Growth Director, North East LEP) on ‘Building a Pipeline of Startups & Scaleups in the North East & Bouncing Back from COVID-19’
- Frances Simowitz (CEO & Managing Director, NUMA New York) & Giulia Imperatrice (Director of Acceleration, NUMA New York) on ‘How to break into the New York & North American market’
- Andrew Esson (Scaleup Partner, Scaleup North East) on ‘Coping with Unexpected Events, Disaster Recovery & Growing Your Business’
- Alan Hodgkiss (Director, Business Doctors) & Paul Lancaster (Plan Digital / Newcastle Startup Week) on ‘Developing a Strategic Growth Plan to Achieve Business Aspirations’
- Steve Pugh (Founder & Business Coach, Growth Strategy Roadmap™)
- Pete Wilkinson (Founder & CEO, Reclaro) on ‘Overcoming barriers to growth & how to achieve success in business’
- Hali-ma Khatun (Director, Marketai) on ‘How to use Social Selling techniques from the enterprise world to grow your SME’
[FREE Fringe Event / After Party] Scaleup North East Virtual Social (4pm-5pm) Register here
Friday = KEEP GOING OR PIVOT? (10am-5pm)
- Maurice Duffy (High Performance Coach to International Players in Cricket, Football, Rugby, Business & Politics)
- Joanna Montgomery (Founder, Little Riot / Pillow Talk) on ‘Coping with a crisis & emerging victorious’
- Michael Owen (Mychael.co.uk / Always Wear Red / 50odd.co.uk) & Paul Lancaster (Plan Digital / Newcastle Startup Week) on ‘Why, When & How to Pivot?’
Want to see & experience it?
To access this content & be a member of the private Facebook Group, you must first purchase either an ‘Online / Livestream ONLY’ ticket for just £5 below (which will give you access to the content & Facebook Group until the end of May), OR one of the tickets for our physical Newcastle Startup Week festival in September which range from £50-£150 (& which gives you access to the Facebook Group until the end of September) here.
Once your ticket has been bought your confirmation email will tell you how to join our private Facebook Group.