Our Founders’ Friday events always take place on the last Friday of the month at the TusPark Eagle Lab co-working space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.
What’s it all about?
Since July 2018, we’ve been running Founders’ Friday as a way for self-employed freelancers, startup founders, micro business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs & students to come together in a fun, friendly & informal way to learn about the latest opportunities to start or grow a business in the North East of England. (It’s also one of the best ways for business advisers, investors, funders & members of the public sector to get closer to pre-start & early stage business owners in the region).
Our event on Friday 28th February 2020 will take the following format:
9am-10am: Arrivals / hot desking / informal networking over tea / coffee
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (information on the latest opportunities for North East startups):
- Paul Lancaster (Founders’ Friday / Newcastle Startup Week / Plan Digital)
- Dale Sidebottom (Regional Entrepreneur Director, NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator)
- ‘Startup Pitch Training’ by Joshua Riffe (NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startup founders to demo some of their new products or services, get feedback & ask for help)
- Sean Conroy (Freelance Videographer & Motion Graphics Designer, Sean Conroy Productions)
- Anton Davies (North of England, AdSmart by Sky)
- Gilbert Corrales (Co-Founder & CEO, Leaf Grow)
- Naga Toram (Proctor Ghallagher Consultant)
1.30pm-3.30pm: Masterclasses / Q&As to help founders grow their business or themselves.
- Allison Thompson (Head of Debt Recovery, Sintons LLP)
- Faye Bridge (Social Media & Outreach Manager, FreeAgent)
3.30pm onwards: Drinks at Central Oven & Shaker (optional)!
Want to attend future events?
Click / tap on the button below to book your ticket for just £5 (+ fees):
Founders’ Friday is sponsored by FreeAgent
Following their Headline Sponsorship of Newcastle Startup Week 2019, we’re delighted to have Edinburgh-based FreeAgent sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events now too! FreeAgent has been voted the UK’s #1 accounting software for small businesses & you, your friends or clients can get a 3 month free trial & 10% off for life by going to http://freeagent.com/foundersfriday & then clicking / tapping the ‘Try FreeAgent’ button.