Our Founders’ Friday events take place on the last Friday of each month at the Tuspark Barclays Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle where we are based.
What’s it all about?
Since July 2018, we’ve been running our Founders’ Friday events as a way for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, insights & support.
The format for our event on Friday 31st May 2019 is as follows:
9am-9.50am: Arrivals / hot-desking / co-working / networking
9.50am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on latest business opportunities in the North East & wider UK) by:
- Jim Mawdsley (CEO – Generator)
- Lisa van Heereveld (Review of Newcastle Startup Week 2019 & an update on what’s next?)
- Ryan Ciecko (Partnerships Manager – Community Engagement, FreeAgent)
- Alexis Long (Associate – Ignite Accelerator)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Pascal Pemha (Venture Lead, SmartSociates)
- Mark Nicholson (Managing Director, Solution Sense)
- Christopher Nutman (Founder, MyCloudCoach)
- Becca James (Freelance Event Coordinator & Musician)
1.30pm-3pm: Masterclasses / Q&As on a range of topics to help startup founders grow their business or themselves. This month features:
- ‘Managing well-being for founders’ by Sarah Crimmens (‘Magic Maker’, Community Creator and Curator)
- Legal advice on ‘terms and conditions’ by Lucy Carlin (Senior Associate at Sintons)
- ‘Storytelling. Knowing what to say AND how to say it’ by Debbie Owen (Film & TV Scriptwriter including for BBC’s Casualty)
- ‘Strategies for building resilience into your business’ by Mignon Mapplebeck (Director at SEE Consulting)
- Introduction to ‘Lean Six Sigma’ by Dr. Alireza Shokr (Senior Lecturer, Director for Teaching & Learning at Northumbria University)
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby bar (optional)!
Want to come?
Book your FREE ticket by clicking / tapping on the button below:
Founders’ Friday is sponsored by FreeAgent
Following their Headline Sponsorship of Newcastle Startup Week 2019, we’re delighted to have Edinburgh-based FreeAgent sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events now too! FreeAgent has been voted the UK’s #1 accounting software for small businesses & you, your friends or clients can get a 3 month free trial & 10% off for life by going to http://freeagent.com/foundersfriday & then clicking / tapping the ‘Try FreeAgent’ button.