Tuesday 14th May 2019
8.30am-10.30am [FRINGE EVENT] @ PROTO: The Emerging Technology Centre
Our first fringe event of Day 2 is a VR / AR / Immersive Tech showcase featuring:
- Dave Black (Founder, Pitch Black)
- Angela Ross & Peter Stephenson (Co-Founders, SUB 10)
- Tom Scarborough & Cameron Craggs (Co-Founders,Cintel Global)
- Troy Lonergan (App Monetization Expert & CEO, Talony Games)
10.30am-12.30am [FRINGE EVENT] @ Gateshead College
Our second fringe event of Day 2 is a creative industries-focused session featuring:
- WeiTing Huang (Founder, Busy Backpack)
- Anna-Maria Steel & Mo O’Toole (Co-Founders, Portocreative)
- Sophia Stovall (Head of Development, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums) & Marie Louise Gørvild (Director of Techfestival, Copenhagen)
- Chris Stokel-Walker (Journalist & Author of ‘YouTubers‘) in conversation with Demi Donnelly (Newcastle-based YouTube sensation)
11am-6pm [MAIN EVENT] @ St Mary’s Heritage Centre
Taking place on the Gateshead side of the river for the first time this year, our main ‘Getting Started’ event is aimed at anyone who is thinking of starting a new business (or project) or in their first 12 to 18 months of trading.
1-2-1 drop-in sessions for delegates with our Headline Sponsor, Premium Sponsors & Sponsors
This event will feature experts sharing practical tips on how to get that idea out of your head & into the real world, setting your business up for success from the outset, how to manage your time, money, marketing & PR effectively, how to avoid common pitfalls, make sales & get out of your comfort zone to make things happen.
- Alan Mahon (Founder, Brewgooder)
- PR for startups panel feat. Huw Lewis (Customer Service Director, Nexus), Lauren Archer (Freelance Brand Marketing & PR Consultant), Becky Beaumont (Account Director, W Communications) & Deb Sharratt (CIPR Council Member / Freelance Marketing & PR Professional) hosted by Lisa van Heereveld (Newcastle Startup Week)
- Jeni Banks (Business Support Specialist, Sunderland Software City)
- Simon Raybould (Speaker, author & specialist trainer for presentations & public speaking)
- Daisy Ford-Downes (Chapter Leader, Zebras Unite)
- Lucy Carlin (Senior Associate, Sintons) & Jonathan Tutu (Solicitor, Sintons)
- Clare Talbot-Jones (Business Development Director, Talbot Jones Risk Solutions Ltd) & Richard Talbot-Jones (Managing Director, Talbot Jones Risk Solutions Ltd)
- Digital/Marketing for Startups panel with Laura Richards (Head of Communications, Sunderland Software City), Jon Waite (Founder, Advertise1), Lisa Forster Owen (Co-Founder, ANGELFYSH) & Matty Hynes (Business Development Manager, Sapere Software Limited)
- ‘3yrs of starting & growing businesses in the North East’ by Adam Barrass (Entrepreneur Development Manager, NatWest) & Melissa Beckett (Entrepreneur Acceleration Manager, NatWest)
- Dave Gibson (Co-Founder, Blu Sky Chartered Accountants) & Ron Ashtiani (Ex-Founder & Managing Director, Atomhawk)
- Nevil Tynemouth (Founding Director, New Results Ltd)
Want to attend?
If you’d like to attend any (or all) of the events listed above you need to book a ticket in advance by clicking / tapping on the button below:
Afterparty / Networking Event in the Backyard Bike Shop cafe / bar @ By The River Brew Co, Gateshead Quayside feat. ‘Fireside / Barside Chat’ with Jim Mawdsley (CEO, Generator) & Dave Stone (Founder, By River Brew Co. & Wylam Brewery).
This after party / networking event is kindly sponsored by Northumbrian Water